Please note: After an initial interview with our pastor, we ask the parents of the child to observe the following requirements of St. Joseph Church:
- At least one of the parents must be a practicing Roman Catholic (regularly attends Mass on Sunday). One of the Godparents must be Catholic (has received the Sacraments of Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation) and regularly attends Mass.
- Parents must be registered parishioners, contact the office for registration.
- A copy of the birth certificate must accompany the registration.
- Both parents and Godparents must attend and participate in the schedule of class of instruction on the Sacrament of Baptism, usually offered on the second Tuesday of the month from 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m.. Godparents not from St. Joseph Parish must provide Letters of Recommendation from the Pastor of their Catholic Church to attest to their fitness as Catholic Godparents.
- Baptisms are celebrated once a month, usually on the last weekend of the month at one of the weekend Masses. The date of the Baptism will be given to you after your meeting with the Priest.
- Baptismal offering according to your means. Your generosity is really appreciated.
- Please review the Baptismal Instructions.
- Please bring a completed Baptismal Registration Form with you to the first Baptismal class and give to the instructor.